There are so many benefits to creating a Business Profile Instagram account. As a business owner, you will have access to contact information, Instagram Insights and promoted posts. The Business Profile is relatively new and was created after many business owners requested a way to stand out on Instagram.
The point of a Business Profile is to make it as easy as possible for your customers to contact you. It’ll take a little bit of work to set up if you don’t already have a personal Instagram account, but the results are definitely worth it. Here are the basics for getting you up and running as a business on Instagram.
Creating Your Business Profile
Like anything else with Instagram, you’ll also need to have a Facebook account. The reason why is for Facebook to verify your identity and use your Facebook ad account for Instagram advertising purposes. If you have a personal Instagram account, you can easily switch it to a business one.
- Go to your profile and click.
- Hit “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Select the Facebook Page you want connected with this Business Profile.
- Review your contact information and click “done”.
So, that’s easy enough. But you may be thinking: “Why bother?” Well, a Business Profile will allow your customers to more easily connect with you.
Business Profile Features
You no longer have to worry about sifting through comments on your posts to respond to your customers. The “Contact” feature is exciting because your current and potential customers will have the ability to reach you directly. Simply add your phone number, email address or physical address to your page. Once you do, a “Contact” button will appear on your profile near the top. When a customer taps that button, they will have the opportunity to “Get Directions,” “Call” or “Email” the number/email address you provided.
Other bonus features include:
- Access to Instagram Insights. See a subsequent post for more details on Instagram Insights. The gist is that you’ll be able to find out more about your Instagram followers and gain valuable information on the performance of specific posts.
- Business category: Your customers will be able to see your business’ category, which is the same as your Facebook Page.
- Your physical address will appear underneath your profile’s description.
Lost Features with a Business Profile
Some actions will be limited with a Business Profile vs. a personal Instagram account.
- Remember, when you set up your Business Profile you had to link it to one Facebook Page. With a Business Profile, you will only be able to share Instagram posts through the designated Facebook Page.
- Business Profiles are always public; there is no option to make it private.
- No option exists to include multiple physical locations. Instagram suggests that Business Profiles promote the physical location that you most want people to know about.
Business Profile Management
Instagram makes it really easy to manage your Business Profile — straight from the Instagram app.
- Change your contact information
- Facebook Page connection
- Convert back to a personal account
If you’re a bustling company and have someone to handle your social media marketing, you don’t need to give up control of your Facebook and Instagram accounts to them while locking yourself out. Instead, make your marketing guru an admin on your Facebook Page, which will give them the full benefits of managing the Instagram Business Profile.
These are the steps to take:
- To Give Access: Login to your Facebook Page, hit “Settings,” then “Page Roles.” Find your appointed social media person by typing their name. Next, hit “Editor” and select the role this person has for your account. Then click “Save.”
- To Give Limited Access: To give someone access to your ad account, but prevent them from logging in as you, enter your Ads Manager, click , then “All Tools” and “Ad Account Settings.” Add your person, choose their role and hit “Submit.”
- Give New Person Login Information: The new person will need to verify their identity
The process of setting up a Business Profile may feel daunting, but the steps provided above are easy to follow and understand. This effort will promote your business on an additional social media platform, reaching even more potential customers!